Do you need help with your summer cooling bills?
The Social Services Department is now accepting summer cooling applications for 2018. This program is designed to provide a one-time cooling assistance payment for citizens living in the 10-county service area to help with the high electric costs during the summer months. Income eligible citizens will receive a one-time payment, paid directly to the electric provider, to the maximum amount they are eligible for under the guidelines. These payments will be made on a first come first serve basis. Note for FY2018: applicants are not able to access both tribal and state LIHEAP.
To apply, come into the Social Services Department at 58620 Sink Road, Dowagiac or call the department at (269) 782-8998 or 1 (800) 517-0777, or you may fax information to (269) 782-4295.
- Proof of all household income is needed:
- Proof of all yearly income; including Per Capita and/or
- Award letters from (SSI, RSDI, Elder’s Stipend, VA, etc…) and/or
- Child Support received or paid or
- Completion of Zero Income Form if those above do not apply.
- Provider's bill
- Social Security numbers for all household members.
- Social Security cards (copy) for all household members.
- Tribal identification
- Picture identification may also be required (driver’s license, student ID, etc)
|Household Size||Income Limit|