The purpose of the Homeowner Repair Reimbursement Program (HRRP) is to provide reimbursement for necessary emergency replacements or repairs to an eligible building for qualified applicants.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age or emancipated by operation of law or court with the legal capacity to contract; and
- Be a citizen; or
- Be a non-citizen who:
- Has legal custody of a citizen minor child who resides with the applicant in the home that was subject to the replacement or repair; or
- Is the legal guardian of a citizen with a permanent disability who resides with the applicant in the home that was subject to the replacement or repair.
- The applicant shall exceed Low Income Guidelines and may reside within or outside of the Ten County Service Area on the date of application; or
- The applicant shall satisfy the Low Income Household requirements and must reside outside of the service area on the date of application.
Assistance under the HRRP shall not exceed $500.00 per Household. No more than one(!) Application for assistance under the HRRP may be submitted at the same time. Participants who received, or household members of a home for which HRRP assistance was provided, shall not be eligible for a period of three (3) years from the date the last HRRP project was completed or discontinued, as determined by the Department of Housing.
- Be owned by the Applicant;
- Be the Applicant's principle residence, or an attached or detached garage to the principle residence
- Be a conventional home, manufactured or mobile home, or condominium;
- Be insured against casualties;
- Not be subject to any legal proceeding to foreclose on any mortgage, or for non-payment of property taxes or assessments; and
- Not be a storage shed or similar structure.
- Heating systems
- Cooling systems
- Electrical systems
- Door and window
- Concrete and structural
- Insurance deductible after casualty
- Damage caused by fire, flood or acts of God
- Mold, radon and other environmental testing and/or remediation
- Handicap accessibility features
- Pest control
- The repair must be complete and have passed applicable code requirements;
- The Participant must have paid for the repair in full; and
- Upon request, the Participant must provide evidence of such completion, compliance and payment in a form required by the Department of Housing.
Reimbursement under the HRRP will be made directly to the Participant.
If you have any questions, please contact the Housing Department at (269) 783-0443. To apply for this program, please download and complete the pre-application below and return it to the Housing & Community Development office.