Veterans and service members: ogitchedaw want to hear from you

Efforts are underway to create a comprehensive and current database of Pokagon veterans and current service members. The Ogitchedaw Board wants to involve more veterans in membership events like movie nights, potlucks, and other activities year-round, not just during the tribe’s pow wows. And the veterans want to correspond with currently-serving members of the military to send care packages and offer support when they return home.

If you are a Pokagon veteran, or the family member of a Pokagon veteran—either living or deceased—please contact Ann Morsaw-Banghart, the veterans service administrator. She is compiling the details for the database.

“I’m looking for family members to call, especially if their family member is not on the veterans honor wall in the Community Center,” said Ann. “If you aren’t getting e-mails from me, or even if you think we have your info, I still want to hear from you.”

Please contact Ann at and send her your name, address, phone number, and tribal ID number; from there Ann will contact you to get more info to fill out your file. You can call her at (269) 462-4450 or complete this form.

Members serving in active duty, reserves, national guard, or ROTC are also asked to e-mail Ann the servicemember’s name, military address, home of record address, the name of the family member registering that service member and that person’s phone, tribal ID, and whether the service member has children at home.