Our youth summer camp is called Kë Gbéshmen, which means "let's camp."
Kë Gbéshmen aims to grow Bodwéwadmi zhetthkéwen, a sense of community, and stewards of the environment for the next 7 generations. It is our mission to ensure every Kë Gbéshmen camper:
- Has a healthy and enjoyable camp experience.
- Gains enthusiasm for their Potawatomi ways and environmental concerns.
- Receives new experiences, develops new skills and forges life-long friendships.
- Leaves camp an emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically stronger person.
- Establishes a stronger connection with Neshnabe history, culture and language.
Dates for 2019
*Session 1 | Ages 12–17 :: Monday, June 24–Saturday, June 29
*Session 2 | Ages 5–8 (Day Camp) :: Wednesday, July 10–Friday, July 12
*Session 3 | Ages 8–11 :: Monday, July 15–Friday, July 19
Session 4 | Ages 9–15 (Day Camp) :: Monday, July 22–Wednesday, July 24
*Session is completely full, but you may still register and be added to the waiting list.
Photo by Kaity Fuja