TheIt is named in recognition of the Pokagon Band community eagle staff carried by the Pokagon Band veterans.
The Oshke-Kno-Kewéwen Pow Wow Committee is seeking submissions for the 2017 logo to be used for t-shirt designs, the flyer, and the program for the upcoming Oshke-Kno-Kewéwen Traditional Pow Wow, to be held May 27–28, 2017 at the Rodgers Lake pow wow grounds.
- Proposed logos should focus on the community eagle staff.
- The Committee will accept submissions from Pokagon Band citizens only.
- The design must be original work and not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- Preference will be given to hand-drawn images from Pokagon Band youth 12 years of age and younger.
- The artist who creates the winning designs for the Pow Wow will be awarded a 2017 sweatshirt and a $50.00 gift card from the Committee.
- The winner (or his/her parent) will be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form prepared by the Pokagon Band.
- While the Committee wants to support the community’s artists, the Committee reserves the right to accept, deny, or alter any or all of the designs submitted, and all decisions of the Committee are final.
- Submissions must be received by February 20, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Please send image submissions to Marchell Wesaw by any of the following means:
- Deliver in person at the Administration Building at 58620 Sink Rd, Dowagiac, MI 49047;
- By U.S. mail or private delivery service to the same address; or
- By e-mail to email@example.com.
Please include your name, address, current phone number, e-mail address (if you have one), and age with your submission.
If you have any questions, please contact Marchell at (269) 462-4204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.