18 and over

For Pokagons over the age of 18, this section will fill you in on some of the benefits and responsibilities of adult Pokagon Band citizens.

Registering to Vote

You must be an enrolled Pokagon citizen and be at least 18 years of age on the second Saturday in July (Election Day) to be eligible to vote. Eligible voters must have registered to vote before 4:30 p.m. thirty days prior to Election Day to be able to vote in the General Election. Contact the Election Clerk at (269) 462-4236 or (888) 782-9475 for more details and forms to register. Often certain election outcomes are based on the number of eligible voters in the tribe, rather than registered voters or votes cast. So registering to vote, and voting, is critical.


Be sure to check out the college scholarship program. You must be enrolled in an accredited degree program and keep at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Call (269) 782-0887 or (888) 330-1234 or visit for forms and more details. You’ll need to turn in a copy of your high school diploma or GED.

Student Temporary Housing Assistance Program provides income eligible, full-time (as defined by the school) Pokagon college students with a monthly housing subsidy up to $250.00 for 60 months. To apply for this program, please contact the office at (269) 783-0443 or (877) 983-0385.

Rental Assistance

This provides opportunities for eligible Pokagon citizens to afford a rental unit with a monthly rental subsidy up to $300 for a maximum of three years. For more information please contact (269) 783-0443 or (877) 983-0385.

Talent Database and Careers

In order to be considered for jobs with the Pokagon Band government, add your resume to the Talent Database. Also be sure to check out opportunities at the Pokagon Band’s enterprises: The Four Winds, 7GenAE and Mno-Bmadsen.

Vocational Education and WIOA

The tribe offers a comprehensive training program for those interested in skilled trades. Check out what is offered for vocational training. For those interested in becoming journeyman carpenters, the Band offers a highly-regarded Carpenter Apprenticeship program

If you live inside our ten-county service area, are unemployed or underemployed and meet income requirements, you might benefit from the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program. Contact the workforce training and resource specialist at the Human Resources Department at (269) 462-4227.

Health Services

If you’ll be using Pokagon Health Services for your health care, call (269) 782-4141 or (888) 440-1234 to become established as a patient at the Clinic.

Per capita Payments

Now that you’ve turned 18 (and once you’ve earned your high school diploma or GED), you are eligible to receive a monthly per capita payment directly each month, instead of having the payment placed in your Minor’s Trust. Please submit a copy of your diploma or GED to the Enrollment Office, 58620 Sink Road, Dowagiac, MI 49047, (269) 782-1964 FAX by per capita changes deadline to start your per capita. Please make sure your address is current. There is a mandatory direct deposit system for per capita payments; please contact (800) 517-0777 or click here for that form.

Per capita payments are subject to federal and state taxes. It’s highly recommended to fill out the tax withholding form, and submit it to the Finance Department at 58620 Sink Road, Dowagiac, MI 49047. The Band only withholds federal taxes after receiving a completed form. State taxes are your responsibility. Please call (800) 517-0777 or click here for the form.

Michigan Tax Exemptions

All citizens ages 14 and older who live in the Agreement Area will automatically be added to the active RTM list at the State of Michigan by the Pokagon Band Finance Department. A pre-application is no longer required. To remain on the list of Active RTMs, it is critical that the RTM maintain a current physical address on file with the Pokagon Band Enrollment Department. View more info here, or call (269) 462-4210 for more information.

Senior Youth Council

For citizens aged 18-24, the Senior Youth Council is a great way to get and stay involved with your tribe. The Council offers opportunities for professional development, mentoring, and networking. Call (269) 462-4296 or click here for more information